Please provide transcripts from last school you attended. Transcripts do not need to be official, and can be copies of the original. If you are having difficulties uploading your document, please contact Kim L. Moberg at the phone number at the bottom of this application
Please send a one thousand word essay stating your reasons for applying for this scholarship, and how it will assist you to achieve your goals. Include a brief description of your background, education and work experience, economic status, strengths, weaknesses, and what your personal goals are for the next five to ten years. Also add any special information such as awards and honors, activities, community service, hobbies, and interests. If you have received the WCB Scholarship before, please describe how you were able to use the money to improve your educational experience. Include any other information you feel might assist the scholarship committee in the decision-making process. You may submit your personal essay on line. If you are having issues uploading your document contact Committee Chair Kim Moberg at the email at the bottom of this application
As a final reminder: to be eligible applicants must submit:
- Personal essay. This essay can be uploaded with this application. If you are having difficulties uploading your document, please contact Kim L. Moberg at the phone number at the bottom of this application
- Certification by your ophthalmologist, optometrist, physician, agency executive serving the blind or any other qualified individuals of legal blindness in both eyes. This certification can be uploaded here on this application. The certification of legal blindness must include the name and title of the person certifying the legal blindness, his or her address, phone number, and a statement regarding the visual acuity and or visual field of each eye. This letter must be as current as possible.
- Transcripts from the school you are currently attending. Entering freshman and sophomores, please include high school transcripts; graduate students, please include undergraduate transcripts. Transcripts do not need to be official versions and can be uploaded with this application
- Two letters of recommendation from a current or recent instructor, career counselor or employer. Letters of recommendation should be current and describe the applicants character, contributions, and successes. Microsoft word for Rich Text formats will be excepted and can be uploaded with this application
Letter 1 of recommendation from a current or recent instructor, career counselor or employer.
Letter 2 of recommendation from a current or recent instructor, career counselor or employer.
- Proof of acceptance from a post-secondary school. Entering and transferring students must submit a notice or letter from the admissions office certifying acceptance or consideration for admission. Students continuing at the same school attended during 2018-2019 also need to submit a notice from the admissions office stating that they will be attending school during the 2019-2020 academic year. You may upload your document along with this application