2022 WCB CONVENTION SCHEDULE (as of September 29)
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2022
Pre-registered conventioneers can pick up their convention packets and relax in the WCB Welcome Lounge. Mingle with old and new friends, peruse the convention program, and enjoy the hospitality of the Host Chapters: United Blind of Seattle and Clark County Council of the Blind, before attending the pre-convention WCB Board meeting, committee meetings (Resolutions and Constitution & Bylaws). Hospitality finishes off the evening.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2022
- Vendor Exhibits: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (closed from noon to 1 p.m.)
- One-On-One Technology Training with Al Yardley (by appointment only): 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- WCB General Sessions: Reports from the WCB President, Nominating Committee, and Constitution and Bylaws Committee
- Breaking Through the Storm! presented by George Abbott, President and CEO, Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
- Accessible Voting presented by Jacob Lodge, King County elections
- WCB Awards Luncheon
- Panel: Dealing with Vision Loss
- Breakout Sessions:
- Panel: A Current Look at Accessible GPS and Way finding Resources
- Learn the benefit to knowing yourself, while using natural remedies!
- Democracy Live-Accessible Voting
- Sightless Self Defense
- Senior Vision Loss
- Panel: Published Authors
- WCB Life Members reception
SATURDAY OCTOBER 29, 2022
- We Are ACB presented by Cindy Hollis, Manager of Membership Engagement, American Council of the Blind
- Panel: The Journey to the Job
- Panel: State of the State (Agency updates)
- WCB Annual Business meeting
- Showcase of Talent
- Hospitality and Karaoke