Ways to Support WCB
Washington Council of the Blind is a 501(c)(3) organization, so your donations are tax exempt.
Did you know that the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act CARES Act (Pub. L. 116-136) created a new above-the-line deduction that applies to all taxpayers for total charitable contributions of up to $300? The incentive applies to cash contributions made in 2020 and can be claimed on tax forms next year [Section 2204]. If you itemize or if you are a business, your charitable giving increase is even higher [Section 2205].
We appreciate your generous contributions and want to properly accept and recognize your donations. Please let us know if your gift is “general” or for a specific program and indicate your recognition preference. WCB will record and report your contribution as required by law.
• Not anonymous (WCB may list your name as a donor on its website or in other publications)
• Publicly anonymous (WCB will designate the donor name as “Anonymous”)
• Completely anonymous (WCB will designate the donor name as “Anonymous” and record it as such if allowed)
Donate anytime through PayPal
Send payments to treasurerWCB@gmail.com. Or, if you wish to remain anonymous, choose Washington Council of the Blind through PayPal Giving Fund. Just log in to your account and set your favorite charity to Washington Council of the Blind to get a reminder every time you checkout or make a one-time donation via the Make an Impact link (found on the support page).
Shop online at Smile.Amazon.com
Designate Washington Council of the Blind as your choice to benefit from funds generated by your purchases.
Remember a loved one
Now you can send a donation to remember someone special to you. Just use the custom PayPal.me link below. Please note the name of the person in the “Notes” section and designate your recognition preference.
Participate in annual online fundraisers
From time to time, WCB registers with online fundraisers like GiveBIG WA and GivingTuesday. These events have various goals and may highlight a specific program. Follow us on Facebook to find out more.
Contribute to WCB programs and services
Your donation can be directed to a specific program, or marked “general” to be used for multiple programs and services, including:
External Programs for blind and visually impaired Washington residents:
• Scholarship Program
• Crisis Assistance Program for food, medicine, utilities, emergency medical expenses for a guide dog, or disaster relief, such as fire or flood
• Advocacy and advocacy coaching
• Education and Outreach to the general public on blindness, visual impairment, and BVI issues
• Comprehensive Resource Service for all, especially those who are newly blind
• WCB Newsline quarterly publication, made available in accessible formats
• Youth-oriented events in partnership with WTBBL, Lions Clubs, and other agencies and nonprofit organizations
• Annual WCB convention, featuring speakers, vendors, and others who have relevant information to share
Internal Programs for WCB Members:
• Leadership, advocacy, and legislative training (local, state-wide, and national)
• Equipment Loan Program (through Northwest Access Fund) for no-cost assistive technology loans
For a broader impact, you can choose to participate in the American Council of the Blind Monthly Monetary Support (MMS) Program
Choose the monthly amount that’s right for you and specify the account you’d like to use by filling out the MMS form. You may choose for your entire amount to go to ACB or for 50% of it to come back to WCB. The amount you designate is solely your choice and you can terminate your giving at any time.
Become a WCB Lifetime Member
WCB offers a lifetime membership for $150. To show your support of Washington Council of the Blind in this way, send a $150 check made payable to WCB to:
PO Box 675
Yakima, WA 98907-0675
and, contact our Membership Database Coordinator so that she can make note of your new membership status. Call (800) 255-1147.
PayPal payments should be directed to treasurerWCB@gmail.com.