Top ten reasons for joining or renewing your membership with the Washington Council of the Blind (WCB):
1) You become a member of the American Council of the Blind (ACB), WCB, and, if you choose, a WCB chapter local to you.
2) You connect with others through social and supportive events, as well as business meetings
3) You partner with many other people taking appropriate and meaningful action regarding issues relevant to people with vision loss
4) You belong to an organization which provides meaningful and often substantial college scholarships to blind and visually-impaired students
5) You receive a free subscription to The Braille Forum, the ACB monthly publication available in multiple formats, to find out what’s happening at the national level
6) You receive a subscription to NewsLine, the WCB quarterly publication available in multiple formats, to find out what’s going on across our state
7) You can develop your leadership skills through WCB’s annual leadership training seminar
8) You can attend state and national conventions
9) You can apply for first-timer’s scholarships to attend conventions
10) You can apply for interest-free loans for the purchase of technology you may need to live and work independently
And perhaps best of all, you will have the opportunity to share with and learn from a diverse and warm group of people who like you, are living with vision loss.
If you are sighted, all of the above is yours as well, with the addition of having an opportunity to share with and learn from other sighted persons who are friends or family of those living with vision loss.
While WCB is an active and viable organization with an absolute belief in opportunity, independence, and equality for all people living with vision loss, by its very nature, it is a nurturing place where ideas and future leaders are born. From students to seniors, WCB offers something for everyone. Become a part of the largest consumer organization of the blind in Washington State, and add your voice to the one that is clearly heard and regarded on issues of importance to people with vision loss.
Ready to join Washington Council of the Blind? Click here to complete the membership form. When your form is successfully submitted, you will be taken to PayPal to complete the payment. Your membership is effective when your payment is received.
If you do not wish to pay via PayPal, make your check payable to Washington Council of the Blind for the calculated amount and send your check to:
Washington Council of the Blind
PO Box 675
Yakima, WA 98907-0675
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 800-255-1147.
Current WCB members can update their info by clicking here to submit changes and pay dues online.